Durban Dental Centre is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Should Durban Dental Centre make changes to this policy this page will be updated. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from 30th May 2016.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- your name and d.o.b
- contact information including telephone number and email address
- information such as address and postcode
- other information relevant to patient care services or enquiries
- medical information submitted by a referring dentist
What we do with the information we gather:
We require this information to ensure we provide the highest levels of care and customer service and in particular for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping.
- if you are a patient of Durban Dental Centre we may need to contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- we may use the information to improve our services.
- we may periodically send promotional emails about special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers.
Data transmission over the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal date, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over those other website. We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to any other website you visit.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the use of your personal information in the following ways:
if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us or emailing email@example.com if you do receive a marketing email from us but do not wish to be sent these in future you can opt-out by contacting us.
Any information we retain is held in strict confidence and we will not sell, distribute or disclose your personal information to third parties unless we are required to do so by law.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us at the above address or email as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 for computerised records and up to £50 for any non-digital x-ray copies that are required to provide you with details of the information that you have requested.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
The Practice Manager, Durban Dental Centre ,Crowborough Hill, Crowborough TN6 1DG.